Happy Children’s Day! (Reasons Why We Love Our Ann Arbor Kids Karate and Judo Students)
Did you know that May 5 is Kodomo no Hi, a Japanese national holiday that celebrates the birth and personalities of children? To celebrate the awesome kids at the Japanese Martial Arts Center, we put together a list of reasons why we love our students!
1. They’re bright! Our kickin’ kids in the karate and judo programs are great when it comes to learning new kata (forms), randori (free-style), and ippon kumite (one-step sparring).
2. They’re unique! Each kid has an awesome personality. From outgoing to reserved, they all bring their talents to the mat.
3. Smiles! Nothing can replace that smile of satisfaction our students have when they nail a move down.
4. They learn quickly! From developing focus to executing forward rolls, we love how fast our students pick material up.
5. They work hard! Our students aren’t afraid to work up a sweat or try scary things… like kicking a black belt.
6. They’re nice to each other! There’s something to be said when the students cheer each other on.
7. They have all been leaders at some point during class! Sometimes that means an older student helps a younger student out. Or a white belt will demonstrate an especially excellent punch. Or a student will make a quality comment during mat chat.
8. They go above and beyond the call of duty! You will see some students do push-ups when they could take a water break, practice kata before class, and execute break falls for fun.
9. Our Ann Arbor Kids Karate and Judo students are amazing kids now… and we KNOW that they will be incredible individuals in the future. It is an honor working with this group of students!
For more information on our Ann Arbor Kids Karate and Judo programs, visit the “classes” page. You can also email email@example.com. If you come to watch a class and like what you see, you get two FREE introductory lessons.